Tuesday 4 December 2007

Nottingham Games 2007

Nottingham Games this time was once again a rather successful one for me although I failed to bag any gold medals for Imperial.

I was not expecting anything out of this since I only practised a day before the competition and guess what happened to my beloved ping pong bat....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

it broke!!!

How unlucky things were :(

Had to use Hua Aun's bat in the beginning and the games I played were soo awful! I then used a friend's bat (another player in the same competition) which happens to be almost the same as my broken bat. Things turned out to be so much better after that.

Overall, I managed to bag a silver medal for Mixed Doubles category and a bronze for Singles. Both matches were extremely close and I thought I could have gotten 2 golds for that! Aihh.. Anyway, that's it for this year. Don't think I'm actually looking forward to next year. And honestly, I thought Nottingham Games would be the last ever ping pong competition I'll ever enter. Have been taking part in competitions for every year since 2001. It's probably time to retire in this and move on to probably another sport? Hehe.

Anyway, below are some of the pictures during Nottingham Games:

Met Subha and Jia Wei in Notts (Wei is not in this picture though)


Me in action!

Group picture with the players and organiser

And lastly, the champion and I!

5 comments:

Jade Lee said...

Ah sorry to say the singles champion have the look of a ping pong champ. Whereas you don't have the look. LOL!

ihz said...

Hey cool, you are still that good. So sorry to see your bat in that condition. LOL! Anyway, we just had a closed tournament in University of Nottingham Malaysia campus here and guess what? 2 africans sapu 1st and 2nd place. I'm the only chinese who entered semi-final. Anyway, they are really good. Don't retire so soon, still hope to play with you next time . Take good care dude :)

BeNjAmIN said...

lol.... heng kai .. no pic of me :( hahaha :p

Heng Kai said...

jade: i didn't know you need to have the look to become a ping pong champ =.=

ihz: i'm not as good as last time anymore :( sad to sayy.. lol it's good to hear that you're the only chinese who entered semi. congrats! so, u got 3rd?
after my bat broke, i'm really not sure if i should get a new one :(

ben: you left so early! lol. i only have one or two picts of you in it, i think..

Ei Mun A.k.a. MUNkey C. said...

wahlauwei....so terror...play till ping pong bat also broken
must've been the battle of the century