Tuesday 11 September 2007

Some Random Thought

Once again, I'll have to say goodbye to Malaysia real soon. Will be leaving for London in another 8 days. This time, I think I'll gleefully leave Malaysia without having any sorrowful thoughts.

A year ago, I vividly remember how excited, yet afraid I was to leave home. Nasty thoughts haunted me. I didn't want to enter a completely new and alien country. I wasn't sure if I was independent enough. I was afraid I could not pass this hurdle. I was really worried that I'll be all alone. I was afraid that I would give up and lose my scholarship.

How wrong I was.

This time, I really miss the fun I had in London. I miss my newly-made friends. I miss the ones from my department, MSoc, Lion Dance, ULUBUDA, Beit Hall and other universities. I've not been catching up with them (only through facebook) ever since I was back. Wanted to meet a lot of them but to no avail.

On another note, I think I've changed a lot characteristically. That was the comment I had from everyone. Whether it's good or bad, it has yet to be discovered. I see it as a 50-50 thing. Or perhaps, 70-30. Thinking about my future, what I really want in life and the problems I have to face if I were to do this....or that; seem to be my current hobby. I neither condone this hobby nor enjoy thinking about it. It does affect me but I think it is not to be neglected. It's something I really have to face.

Sigh! I suppose it's one of those stages in life......

2 comments:

Cheng Chun said...

Ah... I see someone getting older and wiser... Don't think this is your quarter life crisis eh... Hahaha... Well just enjoy while you can yes Kai?

Aimi said...

he's not even close to being quarter life yet even =P

I agree, the future is pretty scary. I spent the whole summer working, and wondering what it really is I wanted to do for the rest of my life. It's not comforting when you don't have a clue!

but CC is right, enjoy being young while we still have the chance! don't worry about being old! =)