Tuesday 1 January 2008

2008 in London!

It took them 51 weeks of planning, months of design work and a week of night-time construction - when tourists are scarce on London's South Bank - to lay the equipment necessary to welcome year 2008 with a £1.3 million, ten-minute bang. Designed by a French pyrotechnic (the emperor of pyrotechnics whose previous triumphant displays include Millennium celebrations at Eiffel Tower, opening ceremony of Commonwealth Games in Melbourne and closing ceremony of 1998 World Cup in Paris) and his team from the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2004 Athens Olympics, this year's fireworks is probably the biggest in history. An approximate number of 700,000 people were here to witness this 10-minute show here at London.
Hence, that explains why this is probably the best fireworks I've ever seen in my whole entire life. Anyway.....

Heng Kai wishes everyone Happy New Year 2008!
For my family/friends who are back in Malaysia or in other countries, wishing you all the best in everything you do! I know I'm a very terrible person when it comes to keeping in touch with others; and I do hope we (either me or you) will keep in touch more often in the future :)

For those who are studying/with me in the UK, may 2008 be another successful year for us! We shall strive to study, work hard and do better than last year.

All in all, I'm not writing down my resolutions for this year over here since I don't really have one. Personally, I thin
k it's not necessary as I don't believe that it'll certainly come true. However, I do have my own targets/goal to achieve for 2008. If you have your own resolutions, I'll be more than happy to hear it out :)

Goodbye 2007 and together we shall welcome 2008.

See the fireworks here for yourself: (Taken from BBC)

No comments: