Friday 18 January 2008

Spice Girls Live at 02 Arena 16th Jan

For some rather weird reason; when Kavitha and Viky asked me if I wanted to go for a Spice Girls reunion concert, I delightfully agreed. A friend once asked me, "Why are you going for a SPICE GIRLS concert? You're there to see old women??"

Well, neither have I ever imagined that despite being one of their fans a decade ago. I vividly recalled liking Baby Spice then but 2 days ago, I was looking forward to see Posh Spice. Ever since her marriage with David Beckham since 1999, Posh gained popularity not only as an English pop singer; but also as a fashion designer, occasional actress and dancer. Throughout the entire show, whenever Posh took to the microphone, the crowd will burst into insane applause, despite the fact that she did not sing that many lines. She certainly has the highest profile of the 5 of them and I don't think many would have gone for the concert if she was not a part of it.

But no matter what, the rumour that the other 4 are seen as her backup dancers are certainly NOT true! I really enjoyed the solo performances of the 4 of them. Posh was the only one who did a catwalk for her solo; instead of singing. (Although I'm a fan of Posh, thank goodness she didn't sing. It would have been awful!)

Posh's solo catwalk:




Anyway, as an overall, concert was good. Pretty much enjoyed myself with Cindy, Kavitha and Viky.

Below are the pictures:

3 kids of Posh and Becks. They were sitting in the public! With bodyguards, of course. Anyway, David Beckham was smart enough to enter the arena a while after the show begins.

Before the show (at about 8pm)

Finale!

Well if you're looking for more pictures, can always see it at Cindy's blog.

No comments: