Sunday 25 May 2008

Delayed American Idol post

**Note: This post will be very boring if you're not keen on/don't watch AI**

American Idol Season 7 winner

Lol, I thought this picture looks rather gay but anyway, finally! The Americans did the right thing by choosing the person who deserved to win. Screwing up in the finals and not getting good comments from the judges should not be the main deciding factor. Too bad for Archuleta. You have an amazing vocal (no doubt) and I do think that you have a bright future ahead of you; but Cook's definitely a better bet. Between an excellent performer or a singer, which is your pick? =)

Anyway, that's right. Another season has passed and AI always impresses me with the quality of its contestants. Don't even compare it with our very own Malaysian Idol or Akademi Fantasia or Asian Idol? Haha. What a joke. This reminds me of my internship period in Astro last year. My friends thought I was crazy and ignorant for not knowing who Mawi is, and this famous Malay guy who appears in Astro very often. I forgot his name! Again.

Anyway, back to AI. If I were to pick a winner for all seasons, it will be:

Season 1: Kelly Clarkson
Season 2: Clay Aiken [Ruben Studdard won]
Season 3: Fantasia Barrino
Season 4: Carrie Underwood
Season 5: Chris Daughtry [Taylor Hicks won]
Season 6: Melinda Doolittle [Jordin Sparks won]
Season 7: David Cook

My favorite used to be Kelly Clarkson until Carrie Underwood won Season 4. Till now, I can't find anyone to replace her, yet. Since AI, she made country music really famous especially to people like me, who don't listen to country songs. Anyway, for those of you who's interested to listen to their wonderful songs, here are some suggestions:

Kelly Clarkson:
Because of You (favorite)
Since You've been Gone
Behind These Hazel Eyes
Breakaway

Fantasia Barrino:
I Believe? lol.

Carrie Underwood:
Before He Cheats (favorite)
Wasted (very nice also)
I'll Stand by you (favorite)
Last Name
So Small
Jesus take the Wheel

Chris Daughtry:
Home
Over You

Taylor Hicks:
Do I Make you Proud

Jordin Sparks:
Broken Wing! (favorite)
This is My Now

David Cook:
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Most of Carrie's and Kelly's songs are nice. So yes, download them! and, tell me if it's nice or if we share the same taste for songs. Perhaps, can start exchanging some (Really gotta update my iPod. Getting bored of the same ol' songs).

For those who like emo songs, here's 2 songs I really like:


I'll Stand by You by Carrie on "Idols Give Back"



Do I make You Proud by Taylor Hicks

Not that I'm emo, but I guess it's exam period now and these songs best describe what I'm feeling at this point of time =.=

Okay, back to pipelines and cache memory! Exam spree starts in 2 days!! Need strength and luck really badly, to survive.

No comments: