Wednesday 20 December 2006

Home Sweet Home

At last! After 3 gruelling months in Imperial, I'm back home =) Initially, I thought I would regret coming back since it's only like what?! less than 3 weeks for me? Thankfully, I made the right choice. Life is good for now. Beit Hall was really empty on the day after the end of term. I guess I'll be really homesick if I'm still there.

I'm really good now. The 12 hour journey from Heathrow, London to KLIA didn't bore me this time. Surprisingly, I didn't really sleep throughout the journey. I guess it's the rush of adrenalin through my body which makes me feel awake. The excitement of being home and meeting everyone I've missed for the past few months was building up in me.

Upon arrival, I've received SMS-es from my friends welcoming me back to Malaysia. I got really agitated then. As I had things to do, I did not reply them. First thing, I text my parents telling them that I've arrived safely. At that time, they were still at home and were surprised that my flight arrived early. Hastily, they rushed to the airport (They arrived in the airport before I collected my luggage!). Dad drove really fast according to my siblings. They were really excited to see me. And, I tried to be at my best so as not to disappoint them when they meet me.

And, when I met them, my mom said she couldn't even recognise me! At that instant, doubts flooded my mind, "It is something really good or bad?" I knew she was going to say I look thinner. I've already tried my best NOT to look thin before I came back. No matter how hard I try, people (parents, particularly) will still think that I look thinner since I'm back from a foreign country. I don't understand why they think that I stint on food; which I didn't! Weird huh?

No comments: