Sunday 24 December 2006

Christmas Eve 2006

Christmas has never been a dreary occasion for me. I LOVE Christmas. Every year, my friends and I will come up with something; be it a countdown, party, or gathering. My parents are just too lazy to go out anywhere. They rather watch TV or sleep at home. They always come up with the same old excuse by complaining that they're too old for all these things. Hehe. Christmas 2006 is no different. Oh wait! I think it's slightly different this year: My parents volunteered to countdown in a restaurant-The Ship! They probably want to spend more time with me since I'm back for only 2 weeks. That's the advantage of being the eldest i.e. the first one to be away from home. Everyone will be delighted to see you when you're back! =) Anyway, they chose 'The Ship' for a very splendid reason: it reminisces the good ol' days! We (as in my lovely parents, Heng Yong, Jessica and I) will normally countdown for Christmas in 'The Ship' during our childhood days. That place really mean a lot to us. As for Caroline and Adeline, it will be their first time. They were really hyper and excited. It's really pleasing to see them brimming from ear to ear.

Flashback: Christmas Eve 2005.
I had friends visiting me, everyone wearing the 'Santa Hat', a Christmas cake and the usual Christmas present-exchange thing. Below are some of the pictures:

See the Christmas cake with 2 tiny marshmallows!

Christmas Presents

Christmas Eve 2006.
As mentioned earlier on, it's slightly special. Initially, I assumed my parents would be in their "Ahh. Christmas, I'm lazy to go out" mood, so I've already planned and promised a dinner with my friends. Hence, I went for dinner with them and then countdown with parents! =) Cool huh?! lol.

When I met my family in 'The Ship', they all had their party packs ready; waiting patiently for the clock to strike 12. Immediately when the clock struck 12, people started singing the Christmas Song and my sisters (the 2 younger ones) were squeaking and squealing away. The rest of us stood up; trying to join the crowd and looking at our dear sisters enjoying themselves. For that, yes! We are too old for it. We can't be squeaking like them. It'll be really odd. Hehehe. We really enjoyed ourselves though!

Gathering at Miin Lyn's place after the dinner

My Christmas Present!

My Family!
Top -> from left: Jessica, Me, Heng Yong
Bottom -> from left: Adeline, Mom, Dad, Caroline

Caroline suggested me to take this picture :S

Look at the amount of soft toys my sisters have! Crazy :S

And, of course....

My Christmas gift for my sisters!

P.S. There are some other 'interesting' things which happened in between of course but due to lack of time and laziness, I shall not elaborate further. Hehe.

2 comments:

k1M H0ng said...

wah Adeline with the long hair!!

Heng Kai said...

lol yeah! you've not seen her in ages right?! she's taller than caroline now