Monday 27 November 2006

Happy Birthday Cheng Chun!

Yesterday was the birthday of a dear friend(senior), Cheng Chun. Just incase you guys were pondering about who he is and how we became good friends, here it is. To Colin especially, you're the one who always brings up this question, "What's with you and Cheng Chun?" Believe it or not, we're BLOOD RELATED! Cheng Chun's my cousin! lol. Anyway, here is how the story goes:

Remember the period when I was DEAD bored and had nothing to do while awaiting for my A levels result? That was the time when I actually joined ICUMS(Imperial College Union Malaysian Society) forum and added every senior who displayed their MSNs. And, ah! There it goes. I think the FIRST person I chatted with was Colin; if I'm not mistaken. Then, Cheng Chun. Anyway, that doesn't really matter. I added both of them and had a good chat with them. Colin was rather quiet(I think he had something to do that time) but Cheng Chun, on the other hand, was remarkably talkative! Hence, I actually talked to him and asked him more about life in IC, London, etc. And, being the patient one, he actually entertained and answered every single doubt I had. However, the amount of questions I had were incredibly a lot! My parents were bombarding me with TONS of questions that I couldn't answer! As a consequent, Cheng Chun and I decided to meet up (can't remember who came up with that idea). So, he's actually the FIRST senior I knew :)

We planned to meet up at Mid Valley, since it's nearer to his place and I know how to drive there. And, my goodness! When I first knew him, he told me he was VERY PARTICULAR about punctuality. Being me - the one who's al
ways late, honestly, I was afraid that I would be late and he would be pissed with me. To be honest, I almost banged a car on my way there(Don't worry Cheng Chun. It's not your fault. Don't feel sorry about it. I shall blame it on my clumsiness). For those who wished that to happen, sorry to disappoint you. =P I seriously tried not to be late, but in the end, I still went late. This time it's due to the jam. Really!! Not my fault :(

Anyway, it was my first experience in meeting up with a stranger i.e. someone I've not met before. Therefore, I decided to bring backup - Jade! hahahaha. jkjk =P
Since Jade told me he would be at Mid Valley too, I thought maybe I can meet up with him as well.


And, what actually triggers my curiosity is the statement made-up by Cheng Chun when he first met me: "You look EXACTLY like one of your senior, Colin! Look out for yourself during Freshers Camp and remember what I've said". And, honestly until today, I still don't seem to see the resemblance between Colin and I albeit many people acknowledging it.

Let's fast forward a couple of months to 26th November 2006: Cheng Chun's birthday. Honestly, I felt extremely bad for ac
cepting the dinner treat from him and not buying him any presents. I seriously think I should but I don't know what he likes! :S arghh. Anyway, we(me, Cheng Chun and Kevin) had dinner at Mandarin Kitchen. Food was SCRUMPTIOUS! I love it a lot. Thanks Cheng Chun, once again. I think the meal was rather expensive: I would estimate around £60 to £70. Cheng Chun didn't wanna reveal the price. Worst of all, I was the one who ate the most! Now, I seriously feel very guilty :(


Birthday boy and I at Mandarin Kitchen.


Jee Wayn, Cheng Chun and I (at Deeparaya Dinner:an old event) I thought of putting it up since the picture I had with the birthday boy is rather vague.
And, FINALLY


My clone! The senior(Colin) who looked like me apparently

8 comments:

¨°¤s¥nin¤°¨ said...

i think it's the nose..mayb it runs in the family?...eh..now which one is ur cousin? :S

Heng Kai said...

hahaha it runs in the family? wah u also think colin looks like me? :S

none of them are my cousin :)
the first sentence is wrong, of course. was being sarcastic hehe

~ xYz ~ said...

no, you dont like colin, you dont have his most obvious feature- curly hair.

(hope colin doesnt read your blog or i'll be dead by next week)

Heng Kai said...

haha. sorry to disappoint you but colin reads my blog sometimes, i think :) anyway, nothing bad about having curly hair what! it's unique!! =)

Anonymous said...

Thank alot for blogging Heng Kai... But alamak, why my pic so cacat one... Hahaha...

sp said...

wah seriously ... u dont really look like colin in real life but in that photo... omg! like twins!

daryl said...

YES! TWInS I SAY!

=P nola.. only first impression .. lol

Anonymous said...

heng kai's very cute not like colin!