Thursday 16 November 2006

MNite Dance Rehearsal

Had my first dance rehearsal for Malaysian Night (which will be held somewhere around March next year) this afternoon. Most would probably think: "WHAT?! Malaysian Night is next year and you're practising it NOW itself? It's only November!" lol. We know we are a bunch of enthusiastic and fanatic people. And, not to forget, we are always proud of our own MNite. We claim that we produce one of the best shows compared to the others. That's what every Malaysian Society in different universities would say anyway. If I'm not mistaken, survey showed that we, indeed ARE the best!! *wide grin* That probably explains why we are really into it.

Until now, I still cannot believe that I actually went for the rehearsal. Not that the dances were bad. They were brilliant actually! (thanks to colin, chloe and yih lin). It's just ME who cannot acknowledge the fact that I actually volunteered to dance without being forced to! But, seriously, I have NO regrets at all for doing that. I enjoyed myself and I have to thank a lot of people for that, especially the seniors! I think they did a marvellous job by brainwashing us about MNite, and telling us about the astounding feeling they got after putting up the show. Thanks seniors! Now, I do agree with you all. Coming all the way to Imperial just to STUDY only, is rather futile!

Dikir Barat (1st part) video during MNite 2006

P.S. We had some slightly hip-hopish and robotic sort of dance this afternoon. Not dikir barat :)

2 comments:

yu ^_^ lin said...

brainwashing.....
em...wondering wat did Faiz do...
anyway, as i always say, Thanks for coming =) hope u enjooy it

Heng Kai said...

Faez didn't do anything. i think it was during Freshers Camp when you all told us how great MNite 2006 was :) colin's eyes welded with tears when he was talking about it remember? hahaha. sorry colin! for bringing the matter up. but, that shows how memorable and meaningful MNite is to him